Mail fraud and wire fraud are broad terms used in any case involving theft by mail, by Internet, by electronic transfer, by phone or any similar means. It is very common for these cases to be quite complex, which makes defending them a challenge.
David Elden is a highly experienced federal criminal defense attorney who has successfully handled dozens of major federal and state fraud defenses in Los Angeles and in other jurisdictions. Mr. Elden is committed to providing a strong criminal defense, and undertakes each case supported by a team of expert investigators, expert witnesses, paralegals, and others. Our team approach and our commitment have allowed us to build a strong record of success, a record that we want to make you a part of.
CONTACT David Elden For a Free Consultation: (800) 455-6200 or send message
Although many accusations of mail fraud and wire fraud involve unique circumstances, some of the more common circumstances that give rise to charges of mail or wire fraud are:
- Contacting someone over the phone to get them to make an investment
- Sending e-mails with phishing scams and other means of identity or credit card theft
- Online auction fraud involving taking money for an item and not delivering the item
- Sending forged checks as payments through the mail
- Using the following items for criminal activity, such as purchasing prostitution or illegal porn:
- Prepaid cards
- Digital currency
Mail fraud and wire fraud charges are frequently accompanied by other charges, ranging from conspiracy to money laundering. Our Los Angeles fraud defense lawyers know how to sort through every charge and put the evidence together into a case designed to protect you, your rights and your future.
We Have a Reputation for Success
David Elden has frequently appeared on the list of Super Lawyers*. Elden Law Group is a law firm people turn to when they need to know that they are getting a team that can protect their rights. People turn to us because we have a long history of success.
When you turn to us, you can expect that we will stand by your side from start to finish. We know when to fight a case to the end, and how to fight it successfully. We also know how and when to help you cut the best possible deal in your situation. It is not a one-size-fits-all situation — each case is different, each defendant is different. We will guide you so that you can realistically assess your situation and make good, quality decisions that ultimately will result in achieving the best possible outcome. We are ready to work hard to meet your needs.
* Southern California Super Lawyers is based on a survey of lawyers in the region. Lawyers eligible to participate include those who have been in practice for at least five years.